Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Face

Not much going on these days. Trying to get the house in order with all the "stuff." Packing away old clothes, organizing X-mas gifts and clearing out every piece of furniture (sans his bed) in Kellan's room to make way for all his Legos. We talked about moving the Legos to the basement, but he really wants them in his room, and it's a nice place to be.

Dexter (aka Charlie Brown) has a new face these days...we think his first tooth may be coming in. He's still as cute as ever. I know I say that a lot but he's such a sweet guy. The whole family came and had lunch with me this week at work and he got passed around (Auntie would've had a heart attack). He loved everyone. His fist now comes out of his mouth, every now and then, only to be replaced by something else...





A small miracle happened this week. All three kids slept through the night three nights in a row. We all know I just cursed tonight and all hell will break loose. I think I just may have slept 8 hours, not positive, but I woke up on my back, drool coming out the side of my mouth and no ear plugs in to mute Jim's snoring. I never sleep on my back (can't say I never drool), so I had to have past out. Can't say I'm well rested for it, but that's OK. Had a great weekend outside with the kids. I attempted to shovel the snow that's been on the ground in our front yard since Oct. and ran around the park for two hours with the kids. Extra Strength Tylenol is in order.

I haven't changed the kid quote lately cause I still get a chuckle out of this one. I realized, and yes it took me awhile that referencing the kid quotes in postings isn't too bright after I replace them. One of these days I'll have to go back and remember them all and post them in one blog - anyone been writing them down? I'll start a section at the end of the next posting: "Last kid quote"...heck I'll go ahead and do that now:

Last kid quote:
Jim was giving Gma-Chloe a hard time for taking awhile to make her taco dinner...Kellan came to her defense.
Kellan: "Leave her alone, she's just an old woman. She's not a person like you."

Two more quotes while we're at it...I can't post them in the kid's quote area because I learned they were plagiarized, but hilarious at the time they were said to me (and still impressive in that Kellan is now quoting others). He was so serious when he said both quotes, interrupting me from doing the dishes...

Kellan: "Mom, did you get hurt when you fell from heaven?"
Mom: (laughing), "Did daddy tell you to say that?"
Kellan: "No" - with Jim in the background saying "no"

A little bit later...
Kellan: "Mom, are you from Tennessee?"
Mom: (suspicious) "?"
Kellan: "Because you are the only Ten I See."

Then I realized he was quoting "Suite Life of Zack & Cody" which basically tells me he's watched it too many times to quote a show and that I must watch it too much too since I recognized the quote.

Hasta







No comments:

Post a Comment