Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Kellan!


I'm a little late on this one. We let Kellan have a birthday party this year. We were going to have it at the house, but when we took him to check out a local water park (on the small side), there was no going back. Lucky we didn't have to go to the back-up plan due to weather becuase there wasn't one. The attendee list was also cut back, again fortunate for us becuase I don't what we were thinking with doing a b-day at a water park with Jim, Zoe, Dexter and I and a dozen 7 yr olds. We were rescued though. Uncle Cam and Phoebe flew out and a bunch of parents joined us. I think everyone had a great time, Kellan definitely did. I can't believe my little boy is seven. I keep telling him he will always be my baby and he keeps telling me he's not a baby. He's had a lot of smart ass comments lately. He also talks in these little voices that I can only cringe at sometimes because they remind me of his Uncle Mike when I was growing up. Especially when he talks through his butt. Lovely.

It's been awhile since I've talked Legos...they are still most definitely in Kellan's life. I need to find a new system for organizing them since it's just too overwhelming for him to even consider re-building anything. In my "spare" time I try and go back and organize all the pieces by set. I think I've done 1 of close to 100.







Most mornings this week have been in the 50's and then hot during the day. I still can't help but think fall is right around the corner. NOOOO! With that said, we're trying to spend as much time as possible outside.

Kellan had his first fall baseball game last weekend. They got killed. Watching seven/eight year olds pitch makes for a slow game. They basically lost on walks. Kellan only got to hit once. We'll see what the rest of the season brings.



Little daredevil. Watching the big kids ride their bikes.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you dare tell me that's Dexter. I can't believe my eyes. Am I making a fool out of myself??????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't sound like any of the others hit any better than Kellan. He can't improve if he doesn't get to bat. Just an old grandpa coming to bat for his grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe my eyes! The kids are getting SO big SO fast! Happy belated birthday to Kellan-I can't believe he's 7 already! I remember when he was a gleem in your eyes! Zoe is growing like a weed, not to mention how cute and big Dexter gets each time you post a pic! We think of all of you often, enjoy the moments! Love, Susan & Bill Bettyas

    ReplyDelete