Sunday, January 30, 2011

To & Fro WA

Zoe and I made a quick trip to WA a couple weeks back, followed by Tim, Debi & Monty coming to visit a few days later.  If I haven't been in WA or visiting with people from WA I have been working non-stop.  

Zoe was a real trooper in WA, as she never left the house.  I only left the house to go on beer & food runs.  We spent the entire time cleaning up/out grandma & grandpa's house - whether for a move to CO or just because it needed to be done.  Many trips to recycling, library & Goodwill amounted for a lot of work and I have to thank my bro's, sis-in-laws & Marston for a job well done.  It was a very productive trip in my mind.  Grandma did a great job staying out of the way, I know it was not easy...on anyone.  Including Jim as Dexter didn't sleep at all, was up literally all night one night.  Jim finally brought him into our bed around 5:00 am, for Dexter to poke him in the eye so hard that Jim's head went back through the head board.  He (Jim) was fine, I can't say so much for the headboard.  Unfortunately I didn't have my camera...charged, so no pix.

The Tim Kabisch family came into town last week for a few days.  Lots of fun was had by all.  Tim & Debi got a night out as did Jim and I for the first time in a very long time.  Jim got to go to the mall, then we went for some burgers at the Cherry Cricket.  I need to start a diet/exercise program here at some point.  We look forward to gaining another niece (most likely) in July & Monty gets to be a big bro.  Of course Dexter was absolutely hell sleeping while they were here, hoping that doesn't scare them any :)

We had a couple more days of high temps, in the 60's it's been great, but the cold is coming with 0 temp on Tuesday, I can't wait.  Happy late 18 month b-day to Dexter.  Time is flying by & I've packed up more clothes, sniff, sniff.









No comments:

Post a Comment