Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fall Festivities

Posts now seem to be centered around seasons, vacations, birthdays and holidays.  This post will pretty much encompass all those things.  

Time as flown by since our CA trip... 

Kellan kept to his promise of getting his haircut.  My baby is back.  Turned out weeks after getting it cut he told me some kids were calling him a girl at school. UGH!  I swear I only wanted him to keep it for CA, I would have never made him keep it long if he didn't want to.  I wish he had told me.  He swears it's not why he cut it; it was driving him crazy.  Still, bad mom.  

Zoe's done nothing but talk about wanting a new room for her birthday.  I think Jim is secretly upset.  She wants the Disney Princesses to come down and have a purple-leopard-print- peace-sign room.  I forget sometimes she's only going to be seven.  

Halloween didn't have the hype it's had in the past.  We were still recovering from the trip.  Zoe wanted to be a vampire, then Lily Munster.  So much for princesses once again.  When she realized no one really knew who Lily Munster was (and she wouldn't let us do her hair) she settled on a zombie bride.  Kellan  decided to be a baseball player the day of.  And the Scooby Doo costume we bought for Kellan when he was two and was too sick to wear and then tried to make Zoe wear one year, finally was worn by Dexter, at least for my work trick or treating.  He was a Bronco player at night - and he hung in there with the big kids for close to two hours.  I skipped trick or treating as usual and settled in for watching all the shows I've DVR'd since last Halloween.  

Like this time last year, there's some Broncos fever around here.  I can't believe I am saying that.  "PFM" is on fire.  



G-Ma Chloe and Jim have both had surgeries. G-ma to remove some cancerous cells in her mouth, she gets to go for round two soon, and Jim for nerve damage in his arm, combined with a torn rotator cuff and scraping of an arthritic shoulder.  I took the week off of Thanksgiving to take care of Jim (well, to keep everyone away from him at least).  It was the first time since I was on maternity leave with D that I had time off and didn't go somewhere.  I got a lot done even painted Zoe's room for her birthday (figured I wouldn't be able to pull off a whole room redesign in one day as a surprise).  Jim's getting along just fine, G-ma isn't so psyched on a second surgery.  Throw in Kellan getting strep and D having back to back ear infections we still...

remain thankful this Thanksgiving...

AND happy for Jim's 41st birthday.  We can only hope his body rebounds and there aren't anymore surgeries in the near future.  Here's to rehab!

Last kid's quote (from our CA trip):

Lyla: "Uncle Jimmy, you know on top of your head, why do you shave it?"
Before
During
After
Thank you Aunt Debi and Uncle Tim again for the Broncos gear, two kids worth of wearing
Add caption
D requested a Hulk pumpkin
Zoe has TONS of Photo Booth videos and pictures.  I'll spare the obnoxious videos (may post at a later date), and leave the self portraits.
Excited about their Decaf lattes, an expense we don't need (but I get sick of them drinking mine).
First and only snow.  Otherwise it's been in the 60's/70's which is fine by me. 
We call it creativity.  After watching "Brave" Zoe wanted to be a bear. 
Post Op.  I think D was excited to have me home for a week, however he still missed his dad.  

The kids put up their X-mas tree up like we do every Thanksgiving holiday.  D seems to get what's going on this year.  As seen below there were a lot of ornaments hung on the bottom branches which Kellan promptly moved when Dexter left the room and Dexter realized when he came back in, there was a lot of moving ornaments back and forth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment