Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Late (Very Late) Father's Day!


Father's Day has come and gone and I find myself behind on things again. Disappointing F-Day for Jim, but I am sure he's getting used to it. He did get to take a 3+ hour nap. What more can a dad ask for? We started the day watching the new "Alice In Wonderland" - as soon as it came on Zoe had to put her Alice costume on, followed by me doing her hair. These opportunities with Zoe don't present themselves too often so it was fun. Unlucky girl inherited my hair, so the locks lasted all of about 20 minutes.



Lots of pictures from outside, lots of sunshine and heat just how we like it. We didn't get "big slide" out this weekend, but we blew up Dexter's baby pool which he loved. It was hard to keep the other two out. Against my better judgement I made a water slide out of the playground slide. It was really fast and Zoe hit the ground hard a few times before she figured out to put her feet down first. Next time I'm going to put a slip in slide at the end of it - that's if Jim doesn't read this post first and not let me.








Kellan had his last day of 1st grade on Tuesday. I asked one of his teachers if he graduated and her reply was "He would pass on charm alone." Not sure if that's what I was looking to hear, but it is nice to know he's liked by all and he really is a good kid. His class had a poetry reading. His poem was about his two best friends. I still need to download the video and will post soon. Listening to the kids was one of the funniest 20 minutes I've ever experienced - topics ranged from friends to family, animals to sports and then took a turn for the worse by some with death and destruction. Definitely some classics. Kellan's grades weren't as good as they were last semester and he ended on a low note as far as reading. I bought him a clip lamp for his bed and he's been an avid reader these last few nights. We're hoping he'll keep it up since he does enjoy it; we'll be helping him throughout the summer.
Jim's home now with the three of them for the next five weeks, wish him luck, wish us all luck. He's already had two other kids (at the same time) over to play and will be managing five at a time at least once a week.


I spent about an hour weeding in the rocks one afternoon. I was worried Dexter would have a rock in his mouth every other minute. It didn't take him long to stop putting them in, he kept himself occupied by just piling them on the pavement. I think walking is going to come sooner than later, he's learned to do the crab crawl and stays off his poor little knees a lot now.

This is the same slide Auntie Karen gave Kellan for his first birthday; it's making its rounds with all the kids.



Loving the watermelon


Last Kid's Quote:
Kellan had a situation in a public bathroom, so Jim followed him in...
Kellan: "Run"

Dexter and Kellan "playing" the Wii. / Summer Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment