Monday, October 12, 2009

WA Trip



I feel really bad it's taken me this long to post. It's been a crazy couple of weeks and still a bit chaotic. I won't talk about having to go back to work in less than 48 hours :( - I'll save that for a later post.

We spent the end of Sept and early Oct in WA. We had a great visit. We saw the family and some friends, but even with ten days it still wasn't enough time to do everything. The first few days the "other" Uncle Tim and Aunt Karen were visiting from the east coast. It was fun to catch up and have some much needed adult conversation. Kellan was on fire, a total nut. I'll cut him a bit of slack since both kids were so, so excited to finally be in WA and see everyone. I am sure Uncle Tim (my bro) is glad playing shredder is done for awhile. The weather was beautiful in WA, though we came home to snow and a 55 degree house.

We reached a few milestones while we were in WA; Papa Frankie remains stable with his cancer, huge accomplishment for all involved (especially him), Dexter's baptism (see photos and video), and last, but certainly not least celebrating our 10 year anniversary...on a plane. The kids were great on both flights. I was a bit stressed since on both flights Dexter was awake the entire flight - what baby doesn't sleep on a flight? He was very good, just sat there and kicked around.

Most of the pictures below were taken by Zoe...

Grandpa taking his longest walk in 4 years.

Check out Kellan's face. Zoe made him pose with her new doll "Sally" I don't know who looks scarier - Kellan or Sally.

How we ended our 10 year anniversary with beer in our toasting glasses from our wedding. We are pleased they are as tacky as they were 10 years ago, courtesy of Medieval Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment