Monday, August 3, 2009

1st Day of 1st Grade



Kellan started first grade on Wed. July 29th. His teacher's name is Mrs. Prather. He is at school from 8:40 until 3:30 everyday - seems crazy that from here on out he's committed to such a long week for a kid that's not even 6 years old yet. He has two recesses, lunch and snack time...if we can only implement that in our 40 hour a week jobs maybe it wouldn't be so bad. He's really enjoying himself even though it's only been four days. Tim/Debi - take note of the Wall-E shirt. He would wear it everyday if it was clean. That first day his oral fixation (the kid always has something in his mouth) backfired on him. He decided to put his name tag in his mouth, it was pinned to his shirt. He ended up with a big bloody lip and blood all over his sleeve. Lucky the shirt is red.

Kellan has been waking up early every morning to come and see Dexter and I (I banished us to the basement so Jim can sleep - though the other two keep him up). He wanders down and calls "Hello? Mom, are you awake?" if I don't answer he sleeps outside the door on the couch (I do answer, however not that first morning). He climbs in bed with me soon after and we talk about Dexter, it's very sweet.

Unfortunately the first day of school video isn't what it was last year...probably not even worth posting, but gives everyone an idea of Kellan's attitude :)


1 comment:

  1. Does every grandfather really believe the kids are perfect and there is no room for improvement I sure hope they will contiue to love the old guy with odd shaped pancreas who has little to give but 100% of his love. I will be in their corner every moment of their lives cheering them on. I sure wish I was able to be there that first day of school, the moment they wake up in the morning, as Zoe walks the log and asks Jim to move back because she knows she can now go just a little further. My hear would secretly melt as she rapped her arms around Dexter as he smilled.

    ReplyDelete